Saturday, April 7, 2012

Kids with Animals - 8

This is a photo of Samantha with her grandma’s kitten. It’s the same kitten as in Kids with Animals – 4 that Jessica was holding, only the kitten is now a little bigger. I love the setting of this shot with the bench and the green grass and green flowering bushes. I also like how Samantha’s laugh is not directed at me, which gives it that not-staged appeal.

How to Straighten a Photo:
I used Picasa 3 to edit this shot. The photo needed more color and straightening. The straighten tool is at the spanner icon and I think it’s one of the most important editing tools that Picasa 3 has to offer. When using this application, locate items in your image to help you line up the picture to the grid. This one was easy for me, because I had the bench to work with. I adjusted the image until the bench was parallel with the grid lines. I then went to the black paintbrush icon and applied a bit of Sharpen to my image. After that, I added the Orton-ish effect at the green sky icon. Previously I called this the green paintbrush icon, but now I realize that it’s actually a green sky with a black paintbrush. Editing a photo is really easy. The hard part is writing about it.

Total Pageviews

Recommended Sites

To be added

Recommended Galleries

To be added