Friday, October 19, 2012

Wild Flower Time in South Africa - 4

Today's post has a lovely splash of color. The first three photos are of wildflowers that are growing on the side of the road in our neighborhood. The funny round yellow ones and fairy-type purple ones look stunning next to each other. Yellow and purple are complimentary colors, meaning they are opposite each other on the color wheel.

I took the last two photos while Hubby was driving at about 100 km/hr as we were on the way to Cape Town (when we went ice-skating for Samantha's birthday), near Paarl. There are white horses and a brown one on the hillside. I'm sorry I couldn't get a better shot of them.

What do all five of these photos have in common? They have the purple wildflowers in common, which are growing everywhere at the moment. I was once told that these flowering plants are alfalfa (lucerne), but I'm not an expert on these things, so I wouldn't know.






Total Pageviews

Recommended Sites

To be added

Recommended Galleries

To be added