Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Favorite Farm Stall, Hex River Valley - 7

With Christmas and New Years now behind me, I can begin to focus once again on my blogs. Today I'm ending off this fun series of photos on our favorite farm stall here in South Africa. When you see today's pictures, you'll know why we enjoy visiting so much. I'll also share an easy photo editing tip toward the end of this post for pictures taken in low lighting without using a flash.









In the photo above, Amanda is sitting on an old fashioned barber's chair. Below I have a Before and After image for you. The picture on the left was taken in low lighting without a flash. I used Picasa 3, which is a free program to edit it. All I did was click on the green sky with the black paintbrush and then I chose the Infrared Film photo editing tool. This tool has a slide bar to allow you to add or subtract as much color as you need. Once I felt that I had eliminated enough yellow without completely losing all the color, I clicked Apply and saved it. This works well if you want your picture to have an antique look. I used this same method for several of the photos on this post.





Linking with:



Total Pageviews

Recommended Sites

To be added

Recommended Galleries

To be added