The Liebster Blog Award is a fun way to help mom bloggers promote other great mom bloggers. We all like to be recognized once in a while, especially when we know how much hard work goes into running a blog well. I received this Liebster Blog Award from Tricia over at Today with the Tennerys. Tricia is a wife and a mom to two children ages 10 and 2.
Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself. (I only just realized now that this is another 11 questions about me that I still need to answer. I'll have to put these on my next post, otherwise this one will get too long.)
2. Choose 11 deserving bloggers and tag them in your post. (Look out for this list in my next post.)
3. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you’ve tagged. No tag backs. (What are tag backs?)
Here are the 11 questions that I have to answer from Tricia:
1. Who is your favorite artist (painter) and your favorite work by them? I would have to say van Gogh is my favorite artist, because of his bold colorful strokes and unique style. One of my favorite paintings is the Cafe Terrace at Night (1888). An artist who blew me away with his attention to detail and large paintings is Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902). He is best known for his panoramic views of the American West. I was first introduced to his work at a special exhibition at the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C.
2. If you won the 689 million dollar lottery would you take a lump sum payment of $430 million or $28 million for 30 years? I would take the second option so that I would be guaranteed a steady stream of money. I also would probably find the first option overwhelming.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve? I don't like listening to whining.
4. If you could change any one thing about your life right now, what would you change? I would like to have more money, so that I can do more things.
5. Which do you prefer, the local grocery store or your local farmer's market? For convenience sake, I prefer the grocery store. If there was a really cool farmer's market nearby, I'd probably choose the farmer's market.
6. If you have an unlimited supply of money, an unlimited amount of time in the day, and the largest house ever, how many children would you have? I'd have anywhere between 10 - 30 kids, but I've already given birth to 4, so I'd adopt the rest.
7. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging on Christian Blog.com around 2010 and later began my own blogs. I created Happy Moms, Happy Homes in July 2011.
8. What's your favorite movie/TV show? I love the intelligent action and adrenaline rush of the Born Identity trilogy movies.
9. What's the first thing you think of when you hear thunder or see lightening? (ie. my parents told me God was whooping the Devil when it thundered) I get excited when I see lightning and I can't wait to see another flash and then I wait for the sound of the thunder.
10. What's your favorite childhood memory? My favorite childhood memory is the exhilarating feeling of riding my bike with no hands on the old gravel farm roads by the old German dike of Dorum in northern Germany. We used to visit my grandparents there when we lived in Germany. My dad was stationed there when he was in the U.S. Army.
11. Why do you blog? I blog because I love writing, teaching and communicating. Blogging allows me the freedom to teach and share about the things that are close to my heart. I also get to make new friends and learn from other bloggers.